Thursday, May 5, 2011

A spring afternoon


May has snuck up on Nebraska, ushering in green grass and mighty thunderstorms, giving us all a chance to enjoy the fleeting days of spring. After my morning class, I was compelled by the towering clouds to stare at (and attempt to photograph) the afternoon sky in awe. In the end, I spent most of my time waiting for the sun to find its way out from between the clouds, watching the water of Lake Manawa with the retired old men who sit for hours alone staring at their fishing lines.

I sat on the banks of the Missouri for a time, just myself and the swirling motions of its current going by. The result of that activity is included above. It's a series of photographs of the same spot in the river, taken a few seconds apart.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone.

No comments: