Friday, March 11, 2011

A Land Of Enchantment


The drive from Cimarron to Taos twists and turns through canyons and over mountain passes. Pictured above is part of Cimarron Canyon, a state park that US Highway 64 meanders slowly through. I enjoyed pretty much every moment of the drive to Taos and back. What I've seen of New Mexico thus far really does live up to its state motto.

Taos, however, was congested with stupid amounts of traffic. While I had romantic visions of Taos, thanks to photographers like Paul Strand, I found a place where everything had that look, even the hardware store. It just didn't do it for me.


downtown Springer


grasslands near Ocate


Also visited: Raton, Eagle Nest, Angel Fire, Holman, Cleveland, La Cueva, Wagon Mound and Sugarite Canyon, New Mexico

No comments: