Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 1: Omaha to Fargo


Today was day one of my Great Lakes trek, a 2200 mile road-trip from Omaha to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and back. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to accomplish with the trip photography-wise, but hopefully something will develop over the next few days. I just picked up a used Fuji GW670 and will be (attempting) to shoot in black and white for the first time in quite awhile.

I didn't plan to spend much time searching out things to photograph on the way to Fargo, so there's not much to report for today. The photograph above is of a huge rainstorm I encountered near Peever, South Dakota.

Places visited: Akron, Chatsworth, Hawarden and Larchwood, Iowa. The three corners (IA, MN and SD). Fargo, ND.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm not the biggest fan of clouds that look so omnious....but i dig this photo. :)
travelin' man.